Treating my dying hair

11 November 2007

Lately my hair has not been its healthy, shiny, soft self. Which off course left me very depressed. I hated leaving the house with my hair looking the way it does now. I've never felt so insecure in my life.

So I decided it was high time to do something about it. I pinpointed when I started having trouble with my hair, it was the same time I started my new job. At the time I also got a acne condition. So after some research I can say it's my new work environment. Namely that evil air conditioner.
So the root of my hair problem is the dryness caused by that damn air conditioner.
So now damage control!
After more research I found lots of articles about the benefits of oils(ayurvedic oils) on dry hair. So I decided I wanted to give this a try. I did hot oil treatments and oil rinsing. I starting treating my ends with coconut oil and rollersetting them. My end thrived :)
But I had to do this coconut oil treatment daily :( And I just don't have the time.
So after some more research I came across an article on the way indians wash their hair. No shampoo just oils. No more shampoos that strip your hair of much needed moisture :)
So this I wanted to try. I picked up a bottle of Dabur amla oil.
And after smelling the oil I also picked up some Herbal essences conditioner. The scent of this conditioner is die for :).
So yesterday I decided to give it a try.
What did I do:
Massaged the dabur amla with my finger tips in my scalp. Added to the rest of the hair especially the ends. I massaged it like I would a shampoo. But kept my hair in sections.
I put on a plastic cap, I let the oil penetrate for about an hour.
After that I rinsed with a lil bit of warm water, and stayed in the shower trying to rinse it of with the room temp water. I wrapped a towel around my head to get it dry.
And off course to get the oil smell out of my hair I put on the conditioner :P
I left the conditioner in my hair for 30 minutes and rinsed it out.
To dry my hair I rollerset it and let it air dry overnight.
The next morning (today) my hair is SUPER oily, shiny and thick. And off course curly. The scent is covered thank god :)
But I can't stand the oily hair!
So next time I will rinse better with more warm water :)
I'll test this oil thing for about 4 weeks, if I don't see a mayor improvement in my hair than I'll try something else :)

Peace

0 spoke to me:

 
*Seeking*Serenity* - Made free by Free Blog,SEO Created by Diznews Online
by TNB