How to get more traffic

22 February 2008

I want to remove my entrecard widget. I still get most of my traffic from this widget, but the bounce rate is way too high. The entrecard users just drop their card and leave. No leaving comments, no reading the blog. Which is offcourse not why I joined entrecard. I need to find a new and better way to get the kind of traffic I get from Entrecard. But what?
I'm reading up on Stumble upon. I still know so little on how it works and how it can generate any kind of traffic to my site. But I'm not giving up. I receive way more traffic from Stumble upon than I get from Digg and Delicious.
I still get some good traffic from Google. I need to focus on socializing I think. Leaving comments, linking to sites and asking for backlinks in return.
I'll try that for 2 weeks. Starting monday. I might remove my entrecard widget if it's succesful.

3 spoke to me:

shirley said...

Hi Shanti,
I found your blog through Entrecard. I understand your frustrations with the traffic bounce. I have "voiced" the same thing on my blog about no comments or lack of card dropping. I have had issues with Entrecard widget not working and the support team taking weeks to fix. Lately their website keeps crashing to due to the growth explosion they have experienced. But what the heck, it is a free way to advertise and find some great websites like yours.

michael said...

Hi Shanti,

Hope you are well. I just came across your blog. Great stuff! I am writing to you because my partner and I are launching a website that will be populated with cross-cultural information about every country in the world. We will be looking to the web community to help do this with all the information being available for free. I was wondering if you may be able to help us out with the Suriname pages. We would love your input. Let me know if you would be open to this and I'll send along a brief questionnaire. Please also feel free to check out the website, become a member (it’s free!) and add to the guide.



http://www.culturecrossing.net/





Thank you for your time!





Best,
Michael Landers
Director - Culture Crossing
Cell: 917.405.8275
Office: 805.576.7644
Email: michael@culturecrossing.net
www.culturecrossing.net

Jenz Iggo said...

Shanti,
you are not alone. I was overwhelmed at first when i got a hundred hit per day but later disapointed to find that mostly only visited for less than 5 seconds.

It's a learning curve for me, really. People are coming, I just need to make them stop and read.

I need to make posts that makes people read, and thus make people think and act. When that happens a comment comes naturally. Same goes with this post of yours.

EC has many downsides, even John Cow had his EC removed. But as long as I can benefit by networking with others, I'll stay.

 
*Seeking*Serenity* - Made free by Free Blog,SEO Created by Diznews Online
by TNB